Do you ever get bored at home? Do you wonder what to do when bored at home?
So let’s have a chat about some of the fun things you can do.
I’m sure many of us have experienced this type of boredom, especially over the past couple of years.
The pandemic required that we all be confined to our homes.
So, what did you do during that time?
I started an online business – but more about that later.
I would really love to find out what fun things you dreamed up during your confinement.
Leave me a comment below with your thoughts.
What Is Boredom, Anyway?
Wikipedia describes boredom, thus:
“In conventional usage,boredom is an emotional and occasionally psychological state experienced when an individual is left without anything in particular to do, is not interested in their surroundings, or feels that a day or period is dull or tedious.”
So, I guess it’s a feeling of general lethargy – you want to do something but you don’t know what you want to do.
Well, rather than sitting around, feeling bored, let’s discuss how you might be able to alleviate this situation.
What To Do When Bored At Home – Here are 7 Fun Things.
1. Binge Watch Fave Movies. This is something I really love to do, even when I’m not bored at home! In fact, I often binge watch a whole TV series on Netflix.
2. Read a Great Book. How many books are there in the world? Well, according to Google, there are almost 130 million. It is likely that you haven’t read all of them, so surely you can find a great one to read.
3. Research Your Next Vacation. Do you love travel? I certainly do. You can have great fun researching your next vacation. Checking out destinations, hotels, restaurants, beaches, mountains, forests, whatever your choice. A pastime that will definitely relieve the boredom.
4. Clean Out Your Closet. Now, I know it may not be your idea of fun. But buying the new clothes to replace those you ditched will make your heart feel light.
5. Bake Some Cookies. The wonderful smell that permeates the house when cookies are baking is truly delicious. It will invade your senses.
6. Do Some Art/Craft Projects With The Kids Or Grandkids. One of the most fun things to do when bored at home, is to help the kids or grandkids doing art or crafts. Their excitement at finishing a project is totally infectious.
7. Start A New Hobby. Do you have a burning desire to try something new? I once took up Archery. Of course, that was years before golf became my passion.
Any of the above ideas will be fun to do and will help you with what to do when bored at home.
How To Cure Boredom At Home.
The best way to do it is to become productive. I mentioned before that during the pandemic I started an online business.
Well, that is really rewarding and now I am never bored at home.
So, how does one even begin to start an online business?
I joined what I now consider to be the #1 online training platform that teaches you what you need to know to be successful online.
I now have two commercial websites and one non-profit website, and my membership includes website building and hosting.
In addition, I have learned about:
- Choosing a niche
- Choosing a domain name
- Building a website
- Affiliate Marketing
- Dropshipping and ecommerce
- Writing good content
- WordPress Content Management System (CMS)
- Keyword research
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Social media marketing
- Producing videos
- Image graphics
- And even more.
One thing I can tell you is that now, I am never bored! Therefore, I no longer worry about what to do when bored at home.
Why Wealthy Affiliate Is The Way To Go.
Learn everything you need to become an online entrepreneur.
I had dabbled a bit before in online marketing. And, like many others, had encountered my fair share of scams.
You know what I mean – those guys who promise you big profits for working half an hour daily!
Well, don’t believe them. There is no such thing as a “get rich quick” scheme.
If you wish to be successful online, there is only one way to do it.
Get yourself some good training and put in the work required to start your own online business.
I have listed above some of the things you will learn if you join Wealthy Affiliate – but wait! There’s more!
In addition to all the training, there is a huge, worldwide, community of online entrepreneurs available to you. They can answer questions, give guidance and mentor you.
You can’t go wrong with the sort of support you get at Wealthy Affiliate. One really great benefit is that you can try before you buy.
There is a FREE Starter Membership, during which you get seven days to check out the platform and decide whether to upgrade to Premium Membership ($49 per month).
After this, you can either stay as a Free Starter Member with limited access, or upgrade to Premium.
Oh, and did I mention that with your Free Starter Membership you get to build and host a website on the Wealthy Affiliate siterubix.com sub-domain?
You never know what you can achieve until you try. So, why not give it a go? No credit card required.
Click on the image below to sign up for your FREE STARTER MEMBERSHIP now.
What To Do When Bored At Home – Final Thoughts.
You might like to bookmark this page so you can check back when you’re feeling bored.
While we’ve listed some of the fun things you can do, there are hundreds more.
For example, you can soak in a bubble bath, open a bottle of wine – in fact, you can do both of these together!
You can even meditate or give yourself a makeover.
How about planting an indoor garden?
Or, learn to paint with water colors.
And so the list goes on!
Whatever you decide to do to relieve your boredom, give some thought to this.
When you take the first step towards becoming an online entrepreneur, you will soon find yourself running a successful business.
You can ditch the day job.
Work from anywhere with your laptop computer – the world becomes your oyster!