Super Affiliate Newbie Guide
Name: Super Affiliate Newbie Guide
Price: $49 single payment (usually $49 per month)
Owners: Mick Meaney
Overall Rank: 95 out of 100.
Super Affiliate Newbie Guide – Overview
Having checked out Mick Meaney’s free course – Affiliate Marketing Without A Website – see my review here. He had a special offer for his full course Super Affiliate Newbie Guide. It was offered for a $49 single payment, instead of $49 per month. It seemed like a good deal.
Moreover, once I purchased the course, about four upsells were offered immediately, which I declined.
The course is divided into seven sections, plus a “Bonuses” section. Each of the training sections has between three and ten video trainings, all of which are quite detailed. They are:
- Getting Started
- Your Website
- Content Marketing
- Organic Traffic
- Making Money
- Scale Up.
There is no written course material – everything is dealt with on video.
Tools & Training
Under the “Getting Started” tab of the course, you will find short videos about The Numbers, Goal Setting, Finding Your Niche and Maximizing Profit.
The Numbers explains how you can build your income towards retirement in 180 days (6 months). (I think this might be stretching the limit a bit).
Next comes the importance of setting goals. Not only those stretch goals to take you to your success, but also short term goals that are more reachable on a daily basis.
Finding and choosing your niche is, like his free course, quite detailed and discusses affiliate programs and networks and how to access them.
Then, Maximizing Profit is about how to choose the right offers, such as those with recurring payments, or with a number of upsells.
The importance of developing your Brand is discussed, along with the need to make it explanatory about your business. This particularly applies to choosing your Brand Name and developing your Logo.
The Branding section segue’s nicely into building a website, which begins with “Buying Domain Name”. So, you will need to have decided on your brand and logo before you get to this section.
Mick suggests purchasing a domain from GoDaddy but not hosting. “Choose Hosting” comes next. He then mentions that some hosting companies have all-in-one packages with domain + hosting.
There is a discussion of the best hosting companies and where to go to avoid the scammy ones. He recommends SiteGround as one of the best.
Moving right along, we come to “Build Website”. This has a demonstration of installing WordPress through the cPanel of your hosting company.
With this in mind, Mick goes into great detail to explain things here. Nevertheless, some newbies may find this set-up a little complicated.
We have a much easier alternative and you can go here to learn about our #1 Recommendation for building a website.
“Install Themes” is a very simple process on WordPress. As he suggests, the most complicated part is deciding which to choose, of the thousands of themes available.
The Theme is actually a template for how your website will look to the public and there are thousands of options, all of which are customizable to suit your niche.
When you become an affiliate marketer, you need to have some way of tracking visitors to your website.
Google Analytics, of course, is the best platform for this. In this video, the student is taken through the process of adding Google Analytics to a new website. In addition, there is a brief description of how to read the data.
Making sure that your website loads at the fastest speed possible is yet another requirement to ensure that Google ranks your website.
This is ultimately important for visitors to have the best experience. So, this session is about installing a plugin to your WordPress CMS that will speed up loading time for your website.
Creating great and amazing content is the first part of this discussion. Because. this is how you become a trusted authority on your chosen niche.
Next, Mick challenges you to create 90 pieces of content in 90 days. This, I believe, is a tall order for beginners.
Another key point is that in the first video he espouses creating great and amazing content. During the 90-day challenge, he says “it doesn’t have to be perfect, it just has to be done”. These two requirements seem to be at odds with each other.
The 90-Day challenge leads into creating consistency in your work – most online training organizations espouse consistency as one of the main attributes to success.
Creating original content on a consistent basis will lead you to success.
There is then a detailed analysis of some examples of content marketing. In particular, he shows and discusses the following types of content:
- “How To” or “What Is” articles.
- List-type content.
- Product Reviews
- Round-up Interviews.
Creating content to attract traffic to your website comes next, with five suggested steps. Then there is a review of free image sites and training in how to use them effectively on your website.
Mick emphasizes the importance of understanding your audience and asking them, through surveys, what they need. He demonstrates the use of Google Forms to create simple, short surveys to send to your email subscribers.
Finally, in the Content Marketing section, students are introduced to a platform called BuzzSumo. This gives details of the best online content as well as influencers and other data within a chosen niche.
The first video under organic traffic deals with Keyword Research.
The suggested tool is KeywordsEverywhere, which is an extension to either Google Chrome or Firefox and gives extremely detailed results. Ubersuggest is also another recommended tool.
We recommend the Jaaxy Keyword Research Tool. See my Review here.
Search Engine Optimization is explained in detail. Mick adds the Yoast Plugin to his WordPress website and takes the student through how to write an article that is optimized for search engines using Yoast.
Social Media Marketing is an important aspect of working online and promoting affiliate products. In this next video, there are 23 suggestions for social media posts that will engage your prospects.
This section concludes with adding a plugin to your website to automate publishing your posts on social media, a tool for writing great headlines and advice on how to use other people’s successful videos to get more traffic for yourself.
Making Money begins by discussing Email Marketing, which is promoted as the most powerful of all marketing channels.
There is an explanation of how to develop an effective email marketing funnel, as well as a discussion of a range of email auto-responder companies.
A detailed demonstration of how to add an auto-responder to your website follows, as well as how to set up an email campaign within the auto responder. Then the following aspects of email marketing and lead magnets are discussed:
- Creating a high-converting squeeze page, either on your website or through the auto-responder website.
- How to upgrade your content using power words and different lead magnets for each category.
- Seven types of lead magnet that work effectively to bring in subscribers.
- Using Google Docs or Canva to create a professional lead magnet.
- Where to go to acquire ready-made lead magnets (other people’s articles that you can promote for free).
- A demonstration of how to add a PDF to your website through the Media Library, and how to acquire the URL for that PDF to add into your page, post or email.
- Using Clickbank, there is a demonstration of how to access affiliate products in the Clickbank Marketplace. An explanation of the data included there is provided so that one can better understand the profitability of products.
- A plugin for shortening (cloaking) links is installed on a WordPress website.
- Creating an email campaign using the”Sendinblue” auto-responder, with an explanation that most auto-responders have the same type of set-up.
- Finally, there is a list of topics you should consider if you are not yet making money, so that you can make adjustments to your strategy.
To scale up your business to make it more successful, you will need to spend some money on ads of different kinds.
The first video in this section discusses Facebook Ad funnels to capture leads and explains the differences between two types of funnel.
Then there is an in-depth demonstration of how to use Facebook “Audience Insights” to identify your target audiences for your ads.
Moving on to understand the construction of a good Facebook Ad. For those who do not already have a Facebook page, there is an instructional video on how to set one up.
If you don’t know how to create Facebook Ads, this video provides a highly detailed demonstration of exactly how to do it. You can’t go wrong if you follow this guide and you’ll have set up your first Facebook Ad Funnel as per the illustration above.
Then there is info about adding a Facebook Pixel to you website to track traffic. Finally, you are shown how to create the second Facebook Ad within the Funnel.
In the Bonuses section, Mick gives away even more useful material. Here’s an overview:
- 17 High Converting Subject Lines for emails. He shares his most successful subject lines in email marketing. By most successful, he means the highest percentage of opened emails.
- Persuasion Fundamentals. A discussion of the art of persuasion and the techniques you should use with your customers.
- Profitable Storytelling: This is a three-part section to help you understand how you should be incorporating stories into your marketing and blog posts. It explains the construction of a story and all the elements you should include.
- Instant Squeeze Page Maker: The final bonus is a plugin for your WordPress website that will enable you to create a landing page almost instantly. You can then drive traffic to your squeeze page to attract subscribers to your email list.
Super Affiliate Newbie Guide -The Good and The Bad
Here’s what’s good:
- Each section of the course is explained in detail by Mick Meaney.
- There are detailed video demonstrations of how to accomplish the tasks that are taught.
- By following the demos a beginner will actually be able to set up a website, find their niche and find products to promote.
- The course effectively takes the newcomer through affiliate the marketing cycle.
- It is affordable for beginners.
- Mick is very open and engaging – does not keep secrets to himself.
- Many helpful online tools are explained and demonstrated.
- By the end of the training, a beginner will be started on his/her journey into online marketing.
What’s not so good?
- There is a heavy emphasis on email marketing, which may not be easy for beginners to grasp.
- At the start of the course – Retirement in 180 Days is promoted. This would be a rare occurrence.
- Building a website may be a little complicated for some newbies.
- There is a conflict in the section about creating content for your website. Does it have to be “great” or does it just have to be “just done”?
- The 90-day Challenge may be difficult for newcomers to achieve.
- The use of Facebook and other online ads can become expensive for beginners who are not yet earning affiliate income.
Who Will Benefit From This Product?
It is obvious from the title – Super Affiliate Newbie Guide – that it is aimed at beginners to affiliate marketing. It is certainly a good starting point for anyone entering the online market.
I have about three years in the business (so, not quite a beginner) and found some of the information incredibly helpful. Particularly some of the online tools that were demonstrated by Mick.
As mentioned above, I paid $49 to take this course. It is certainly worth that but I would question the value of paying $49 per month for it.
Also, as I mentioned before, there were several upsells, which I declined.
I can honestly say that I think this course would be a worthwhile investment for anyone new to the affiliate marketing field.
It effectively sets the groundwork in place for anyone who wants to start a business in the online marketing space.
Nevertheless, this is only the beginning and once you get started, you will realize that there is a lot more to learn.
Of course, if you want to stay with Mick Meaney and Profit Copilot, you can check out his YouTube Channel where you will find more than 200 videos on all aspects of affiliate marketing.
Alternatively, click on the image below to check out our Review of the Wealthy Affiliate University.