You may be wondering what is working from home about? And that is what has brought you here. So, I thought it would be worthwhile to discuss this topic and make some suggestions as to the type of work you can do and some of the benefits that come to people who are working from home.
Okay, So What Are The Benefits Of Working From Home?
There are a good number of benefits to working from home. Here are some:
- Schedule Flexibility: As a general rule, when you work from home your hours are flexible. Often you can choose to work at the different times of the day that suit you. So long as the work is completed, you have the flexibility to decide on the work hours.
- Reduction in Commuter Stress: You are no longer required to drive your car or use public transport to go to and return from work. Thus, your commuter stress level will be reduced. In addition to stress reduction, there are also time benefits associated with ditching the commute.
- Reduced Vehicle Maintenance Costs: If you are not using your vehicle to commute to and from work on a daily basis, you will benefit by fewer maintenance costs. Also, there are likely to be environmental benefits to the community in the reduction of emissions. More people working from home means less pollution.
- Your Home Office Is Yours: Having your own home office set up exactly the way you want it is a huge benefit when assessing what is working from home about. So often in the corporate world, offices are functionary and plain, rather than being a reflection of YOU. Therefore, you can have whatever you like when working from home – stylish, crazy, color-coordinated – your choice.
- Productivity is Increased: There have been surveys undertaken during the global pandemic of 2020-21 that indicate that people who work from home are more focused and productive, than they are in a corporate office environment.
- Better Work-Life Balance: And, finally, taking into consideration all the above-mentioned benefits, people can achieve a better work-life balance. Because there is more flexibility of timing, a person is better able to schedule personal activities around work activities.
What Is The Downside Of Working From Home?
Effective time management can be a key issue in working from home. I’m sure you’ve all heard those stories about going to work in your PJs because you work from home. This is something I would suggest you avoid if you want to be an effective time manager. Even though your office is at home, you should decide every day to get up, get dressed and go to work.
I would suggest that you assign definite work hours. That may be in the morning, the afternoon, evening, or even in the night or, perhaps, a combination. Whatever you choose for yourself, try to be consistent. Remember, though, that one of the objectives of working from home is to have more time flexibility.
Most of all, remember that you should stop work at the right time of day or night. One of the great dangers of working from your home office is to keep working well past your finishing time. So try not to do that (too often, anyway).
If you are a gregarious person who thrives when among co-workers, working from home may be disconcerting for you. Of course, it can be a lonely existence if you let it, but there are many social media work groups available that you can join so that you do not feel isolated.
What Sort Of Work Can You Do From Home?
During 2020-21, when the world was hit by the COVID-19 pandemic, many companies were forced to facilitate remote working for their employees. Thus, the concept of working from home grew in stature around the world. Despite this, there were others who actually lost their jobs and were placed in difficult financial circumstances.
So, in discussing the topic “what is working from home about”, we want to suggest a way of becoming self-employed and setting up your own business. There are many ways to set up your own home-based business, and we have written about some of these here.
What we want to discuss with you now is how you can establish your own online business and work towards your own financial independence. The time-freedom you achieve from working from home for yourself leads you also to seek financial freedom. All this is possible if you have a computer and access to the internet. We can teach you what you need to know to achieve this.
And now to introduce Wealthy Affiliate, which has the most amazing training and education in the online world.
What Is Working From Home About With Wealthy Affiliate?
There is much to learn about working online, and it is all covered comprehensively at the Wealthy Affiliate University. And, it is really easy to get started. In fact, Starter Membership of Wealthy Affiliate is FREE.
There are four things that you need to accomplish to get started with an online business. These are:
- Choose your niche (the segment of the market in which you will focus your business).
- Set-up your niche-ready website.
- Build out your website with content to get traffic (visitors).
- Generate revenue.
And, guess what? We have all the tools and training you will need to be successful. So, here’s what you need to do right now to get started.
The training you receive with your Starter Membership will enable you to lay the foundations, as mentioned in 1-4 above, for a successful online business. Your Starter Membership actually gives you two free websites on the Wealthy Affiliate siterubix.com sub-domain, as well as access to 10 lessons in each of two training courses.
Flexibility and Freedom!
Once you understand “what is working from home about”, you will have a better idea of how you can benefit from it. There is no question that we all want more flexibility in our work regime as well as more time freedom. By involving yourself in the online world you will be able to achieve both of these goals.
WHAT DO WE WANT? MORE TIME AND MORE MONEY.
HOW DO WE GET IT? WEALTHY AFFILIATE!