It’s time we talked about catchy headline examples, so let’s get started.
What if I told you that the headlines you use on your blog posts can make or break your traffic and conversions?
What if I told you that the headline writing skills you develop can be used to make money in other areas of your life as well?
Well, these things are completely true, and they are much easier to do than most people think.
Why You Should Write Catchy Headlines For Your Blog Posts.
A lot of people ask me, why do I have to write a catchy headline? The question usually comes from beginners but is a valid one even for experienced bloggers.
For starters, there are already 600 million blogs with an average of six million articles posted every day. So, you’re going to need a standout headline if you want people to find and read your stuff, let alone share it on social media or link back.
When considering these numbers, I’m sure you can understand the importance of drawing readers in right off the bat with intriguing or attention-grabbing headlines that stick in their minds and make them click through for more.
That kind of visibility will help you get more traffic and build a bigger audience over time. It all starts with writing an awesome headline, so don’t just settle for the ordinary!
Experts Agree On The Success Factor Of These Catchy Headline Examples.
Experts in this field of online marketing are in agreement about the most popular catchy headline examples that will bring traffic to your website. These are:
- “How To. . .” Headlines. These give the reader the opportunity to learn something new, or to do something they wish they could.
- “Listicle Headlines”. Lists of reasons, ideas, steps, opportunities, ways to succeed at a particular task.
- “Question Headlines”. Why, What, When, Where
When these types of headlines are combined with words that provoke emotion in the reader, you definitely have a winner. Words that will evoke emotions like fear, joy, surprise, shock, intrigue.
- How to lose that ugly belly fat in 5 days with this easy trick.
- How to write killer headlines for your blog posts.
- 5 Reasons why you should never trust your friend’s advice.
- 7 Steps to achieving your ultimately perfect lifestyle.
- Why can’t I fix what’s wrong with my life?
- Who else wants to quit the 9 to 5 and earn mega bucks?
Here Are Some Good Reasons To Use Catchy Headlines.
Getting traffic to your website and building a following can be tricky. However, having catchy headlines make people want to read your articles.
Using catchy headlines with good keywords also helps with SEO. Such as, when search engines find your post through keywords such as the above [catchy-headline-examples].
Catchy headlines can be versatile as the examples above show. And so long as you add some emotional interest into the headline, it becomes even more attractive.
For example, “how to make a cake” can become How To Make A deliciously enticing Angel Food Cake and has an emotional twist to it.
So, get your creative juices flowing and write some emotionally charged, catchy headlines!
Here is a FREE Headline Generator to assist you with some ideas. Just plug in your keyword and it will give you hundreds of options.
3 Tips For Researching And Creating Catchy Headlines.
- Focus on Your User: Start by focusing on your target audience and what problems they might be having that your products/services can solve for them. If you can come up with some solution-based headlines, then go for it! Just like How To Lose That Ugly Belly Fat In 5 Days With This Easy Trick.
- Keep It punchy: A single-sentence headline is just fine! In fact, some of the most popular blog post headlines are only one sentence (or a series of short sentences). Remember, readers want to get right to the point. They don’t want to spend time trying to figure out whether your article is worth reading. So keep things short and punchy! Such as, Why Can’t I Fix What’s Wrong With My Life?
- Use Numbers To Grab Attention: Even if you aren’t writing a list post, numbers can help make your headline more attention-grabbing. Like, 5 Reasons Why You Should Never Trust Your Friend’s Advice.
Quick Ways To Generate Great Headlines For Your Articles.
There are several ways to go about creating an attention-worthy headline for your next post. But today let’s talk about some quick and easy ways that can be completed with little experience.
Remember, a good, intriguing headline is important because it’s what initially attracts readers who might otherwise overlook your content.
This is especially true if you’re aiming to attract organic (free) traffic to your website. Readers will only stick around if they feel compelled enough by your subject matter.
So, you should begin by asking yourself three questions:
- What am I writing about?
- Why do people care?
- How can I grab their attention?
Then, if you’re still stuck for ideas, we have written another, in-depth, article on catchy headline generators. You can read it right here.
And remember, as long as your headline provokes emotion, readers will have no problem scrolling down and reading more—because they’re interested in what you have to say.
Just click on the image below to watch this great video about writing magnetic headlines for your blog posts..
Some Final Thoughts On Catchy Headline Examples.
The best way to start writing catchy headlines is to think about what makes you click on any particular online link. Put yourself in the role of the customer.
Most of us who are online bloggers are also online customers, so this should be a fairly simple task. Everything you write about should be customer-focused.
In this article we have given you some information as well as access to some tools you can use to create great headlines.
All that remains is for you to now get on with it and get creative. I would love to know how you get on, so please leave a comment for me below this article. Also, if you have any questions, please do leave them below and I will be sure to respond.